Its not everyday that you can muster up the courage to get into the sea without a life jacket, especially if you do not know how to swim. But at dead sea one doesn’t have to worry about perils of drowning. The waters of dead sea, six times saltier than the ocean are in full charge to keep you afloat and the luxuries at adjacent Movenpick resorts in charge to make sure you keep coming back.
The dead sea experience is perfectly complemented by staying at Movenpick that has a private access to the waters of dead sea. This resort set on the shores of Dead sea was an answer to our cravings for a day of relaxing. It maintains the rustic aesthetics with the entire property inspired by Jordanian design and visually stimulating lawns. The entire resort and its villas are themed around Jordan attractions and the thoughtfully planned fountains blend perfectly well.
The resort doesn’t have a beach but instead a bridge connects the rocky slopes to the dead sea. So, guests are guaranteed privacy and isolation. A Infinity pool always conjures up image of chic and style and to our surprise MovenPick had two of them. Now that’s indulgence perfected. After roughing it out at the dead sea, the Zara spa is a soothing haven of luxury and is complete with all state of art treatments one can imagine.
Evening went by watching a golden sunset and the at the Al Khayyam lounge which is the place to be at the cocktail hour. We then shifted base to the Valley Cafe as it played host to the local singers. The musical extravaganza was followed by an equally phenomenal dance performance. Sipping into the pipe of Sheesha and Jordanian tea we slowly slipped in to the night.
What to Know
- Dead sea is a short one hour drive from Amman.
- There is a public beach at the Dead sea, but the facilities are very minimal.
- To thoroughly experience dead sea, you should stay at one of the resorts and we highly recommend the Movenpick Resort.
- The water of Dead sea is very salty and it is advised to keep it away from eyes and injured areas of your body, if any.
- There is a gorge, Wadi Mujib close by and canyoneering trips can be arranged from the hotel.
Looking for more unique swimming experience then the natural hot springs of Pammukale in Turkey are simply unbelievable.